Monday, March 3, 2008

Hello, Internet

Greetings, travelers. I've begun this little timekiller mostly on a whim (like everybody else in the electronic world), and don't fully expect to pursue it to its full potential. In high school, my drama teacher always recommended that we keep at diary, suggesting strongly that it would make us better actors, but I never did. I'm far too lazy to stay disciplined, and my life wasn't at the time interesting enough to write about myself without feeling guilty for wasting everyone's time.

Well, my life is still probably not worth bookmarking, but I've been formulating a philosophy of life over the past few months, and this may or may not serve as a decent sounding-board. Apparently, other things happen in the world, too, and I'm allowed to comment on them.

A bit about me, in case you don't know me and just happened to stumble upon this by Googling "alcibiadesatyale blog" (I know I often do): I'm an undergraduate at Yale University in the gorgeous utopia of New Haven, CT, in the glorious United States of America. Whoopee. I like to argue, act, and engage in other performative activities. I've chosen Alcibiades (ancient Greek military leader, character in Plato's "Symposium") as my pen name because he was arrogant, ambitious, attractive, bright, charismatic, and other things I either am or aspire to be.

This whole affair of writing on the web is merely part of a larger scheme in my lifelong attempt to achieve awesomeness. I'll probably be wrong about a lot of things I write on here, and I invite you to correct me. I'll probably say vapid, substanceless things unworthy of being written or read, and I invite you tell me so. I'd like to try to keep this as interactive as possible, because I honestly take very little pleasure in gabbing on to nobody in particular. I like conversations, not soliloquies, and if nobody listens then all this has been in vain.

What am I saying, all this? This baby most likely won't last past spring break.



Cheers.

No comments: